Terms and Conditions
Your booking is a non-refundable purchase and is for a specific time and date. Changes to the date and/or time of your reservation will only be considered if received seven days before the confirmed Tour. You will only be accommodated at an available time and date.
DURATION OF THE TOUR
The duration of the tour is approximately 3 hours for the Treetops Adventure Tour and 1.5 hours for the Segway Tour and you must check in 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time. We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
WHAT TO WEAR
You are required to wear enclosed and comfortable shoes without prominent heals. For the Treetops Adventure Tour, skirts and dresses are not appropriate for the harness and for your comfort it is recommended that the upper part of the thighs, waist and shoulders are covered to alleviate chafing from the harness straps.
During the cooler months you are advised to wear warm clothing and bring a weather-proof jacket.
As the Zip Line crosses over public walking tracks, loose objects including jewellery, wrist watches, hats, etc. cannot be worn or taken on tour. This includes cameras, video recorders, mobile phones or iPods. Lockers are provided at no charge.
Hollybank Treetops Adventure operates in all weather conditions and tours will only be cancelled in extreme conditions such as lightning storms and extreme winds. We will postpone tours at our own discretion and will offer an alternative departure date at a time of your choice. Wet weather gear is available for hire if required.
AGE, WEIGHT AND HEALTH RESTRICTION
Treetops Adventure Tours (Zipline tours)
Age Restrictions (Zipline Tours)
• Day Zip-line tour: Minimum of 3 years.
• Twilight Zipline tour: Minimum of 12 years.
• Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied on tour with a parent or adult guardian. Where a child 13 years or older is on tour and not accompanied by a parent or adult guardian the parent or adult guardian must remain on the premises for the duration of the tour. Proof of age, may be requested for all children when checking in for the Tour.
Weight Restrictions (Zipline Tours)
• Day Zipline Tour: Maximum weight (including the combined tandem weight) is not to exceed 135 kilograms. Children 8 years and younger and those that are 35 kilograms or lighter will be required to ‘fly’ in tandem with an adult.
• Twilight Zipline tour: 40kg – 125kg (no Tandems).
Health Restrictions (Zipline Tours)
The tour has been designed for persons of good health, having an average level of fitness and full coordination and a capacity to understand basic safety instructions,
The tour has not been designed for persons:
• *Who are beyond the first trimester of pregnancy, 3 months (risk of abdominal trauma);
• Who have spinal conditions (including neck) or any other skeletal condition;
• Who suffer from vertigo.
*A guest should seek medical advice from their doctor should there be any doubt as to their ability to safely accommodate the stresses associated with the Canopy Tour.
Medication can be taken on tour for conditions such as asthma.
Age and Weight Restrictions (Segway tours)
• Participants must be a minimum of 12 years old.
• Minimum weight: 45 kg
• Maximum weight 117 kg
Health Restrictions (Segway tours)
Participants must possess the necessary attributes to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
The tour has been designed for persons of good health, having an average level of fitness and full coordination and a capacity to understand basic safety instructions.
The tour is not suitable for persons who:
• Are pregnant, (risk of abdominal trauma);
• Suffer from osteoporotic fractures;
• Suffer any medical condition which increases their chance of injury due to falling.
Participants must be comfortable being on their feet for at least an hour and must be agile enough to step on and off the Segway without assistance, requiring physical abilities similar to climbing and descending steps without assistance or use of a handrail.
Medication can be taken on tour for conditions such as asthma or allergies.
When checking in for the tour you will be required to sign an Indemnity Release Agreement and satisfy Hollybank Treetops Adventure’s terms and conditions as set out herein and any notices posted at the facility. It is important to consider any health or medical considerations that may impact your ability and/or others’ to safely enjoy the Tour.
Participants who are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics are not permitted to participate on the Tour.
Hollybank Treetops Adventure reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone whom we consider may be a safety risk to themselves or others or for any other reason.